Salty Hazelnut Cookies
Posted by Sean Mannion on July 15, 2016
We’re pleased to partner with our friends over at Simple Mills for this tasty, gluten-free treat. These cookies are perfect for any cold-weather party you have coming up, and you don’t have to feel guilty about eating a few on the way there.
As I was mixing up the batter I realized how odd it was that I seldom eat hazelnut flavored snacks; not for a matter of preference, but I can never find anything with hazelnutty that isn’t packed with sugar and additives. That’s why these are perfect. The Salted Butter Hazelnut cookies have no artificial sugar additives and are gluten free.
Also, the dark chocolate coconut drizzle ads the perfect cap to this savory treat!
Prep time: Cook time: Total time:
Yield: 14 cookies
1/2 cup Futter's Organic Hazelnut Butter
1 package Simple Mills vanilla cake mix
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup melted salted butter
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- Combine egg, vanilla, butter and milk in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Add cake mix to a large bowl, pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl and stir together until just combined.
- Add the Hazelnut Butter and mix well.
- Refrigerate the batter for 10 minutes.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls onto the baking sheet leaving a couple inches between each cookie as they will spread a bit while baking.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cooling, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a small bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Once cookies are cooled, drizzle chocolate over the tops.
Where to Buy?
Find Futter's Organic Hazelnut Butter here.
Find Simple Mills vanilla cake mix here.